Since 1921 The Chas. E. Phipps Company, a Cleveland construction supplier, has helped contractors put work in place correctly and profitably by supplying high-quality, innovative products and equipment, technical expertise, and trusted service. Phipps distributes concrete accessories, concrete repair materials, sealants, and coatings to contractors so they can build or repair industrial and commercial buildings, infrastructure, concrete wearing surfaces, or the building envelope. Customers include general contractors, renovation and concrete or masonry subcontractors, and other sub-trades. Apply for credit today by filling out our application. Phipps has offices in Cleveland, Perrysburg, and Canton. For a list of industry related resources, please click here.
Phipps is among the largest U.S. distributors for Sika, BASF, Tremco, Euclid Chemical, Husqvarna and other manufacturers of concrete accessories, sealants, and equipment. Phipps is a member of the North American cooperative, the Associated Construction Distributors International (ACDI), and numerous professional organizations. The City of Cleveland and Cuyahoga County have certified Phipps as a Small Business Enterprise.
Vision: Customers and suppliers will consider Phipps to be a first choice distributor of high quality and innovative construction products and equipment. Phipps also will provide employees with the opportunity to have a fulfilling work experience.
Mission: Phipps helps contractors put work in place correctly and profitably by supplying high quality and innovative products and equipment, technical expertise, and trusted service.
- Work safely and enjoy our work—Phipps will promote safe work practices and seek to make our work professionally fulfilling and enjoyable.
- Live the Golden Rule—Treat others as you would like to be treated.
- Focus on the customer--Our jobs depend upon furthering our customers’ success.
- Profitability—Phipps will be profitable so that it can continue to satisfy the objectives of employees, customers, and owners.
- Integrity--Phipps expects employees to be honest, trustworthy, and to use their best judgment.
- Continuous improvement—Phipps seeks to continually improve its personnel, plant, equipment, procedures, and product lines.
- Contribute to our communities—Phipps and its employees will contribute to the betterment of the communities where we work and live.
- Support more sustainable building practices—Phipps and its employees will seek to operate in ways that support a more sustainable built environment.
- Provide leadership within the built environment marketplace through participation in trade associations and customer education.